Essence of Sweden
- View historic castles and manor estates throughout the country that await your stay.
- Pursue research at the Växjö Genealogy Center for heritage discovery
- Cruise coastal getaways and island beaches
- Bike the 1,597-mile-long Sweden Trail through villages and countryside
- Explore Göta Canal’s 372-mile system of locks and canals
- Sail the archipelago stretching all the way to Finland
- Visit midsummer festivals celebrated in traditional fashion
- Shop boutiques full of Swedish crystal and interior décor
- Tour Astrid Lingren’s home of Pippi Longstocking near Vimmerby
Sweden is best known for its rugged outdoors, charming cities, lush forests, beautiful crystal, entertaining folklore and traditional midsummer celebrations. The inlets of the extensive coastline are a sailor’s paradise, while the mountains and hillsides offer numerous hiking and cycling trails. Sample a few of the countryside sports activities including cross-country skiing, golf, cycling and endless blue freshwater lake adventures. It is a fantastic water destination with hundreds of clear lakes and rivers perfect for angling, canoeing, sailing and whitewater rafting.