- #8 Denmark is the 10th greenest country in the world
- #18 Denmark is the second most visited destination in Scandinavia with over 4.7 million visitors each year
- #32 Denmark hosts more than 100 festivals every year
- #49 Danes enjoy one of the highest rates of social equality.
- #71 Denmark boasts no less than 14 Nobel laureates
- #86 The Danish have a 37 hour work week and six week paid vacation each year
These are only a few of the 109 reasons why Denmark is such an amazing place to live and to visit, given by an American Expat who has been living there for years. I recently came across his blog, “To love, work, study, and travel in Denmark” and it’s definitely worth taking a look. Whereas we at the Nordic Company can only manage to do personal site visits once or twice a year, here is the view of an individual who wakes up every day to the bustling city life of Copenhagen. In fact, a quick blogspot search of Denmark blogs will offer nothing, but good praise and addicting insider perspective.
More often than not, our clients call with the explicit intent of traveling to Norway. Many have ancestors and others would like to experience the fjords. One of our favorite suggestions is for them to fly into Copenhagen, Denmark for a few days and then take the overnight ferry from Copenhagen to Oslo to start their Norwegian journey. Our clients are never disappointed. They are always taken aback by Denmark’s charm, exclaiming, “I had no idea it was such a destination!” Get out into the countryside and there are lots of opportunities to stay in quaint cottages, play at Legoland, bike around, or spend time on the coast. If you’re still not convinced, here’s 103 more reasons.